Friday, April 18, 2014

Puci's Vermeer, 36

day 5: a day (or more) of rest

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi


day 4: the finished painting
I'm kind of excited about this painting. It's a good example, I think, of what this blog project is all about:
transforming inspiring images from virtual world travel into original paintings (with lots of room for experimentation too).

This painting has been sold
"Puci's Vermeer", 8x10" original oil painting by puci


day 3: creating the pre-painting composition (using Adobe Photoshop)
One of the things that attracted me to Mr. McCloud's image was the the light streaming in, "Like a Vermeer painting", I thought. Then the idea hit me to place the girl, child and dog INTO a Vermeer painting!
Vermeer's painting: 
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jan_Vermeer_van_Delft_008.jpg 


day 2: capturing the selected image
Somehow in my online searches about India, I came upon Kevin McCloud's documentary video called, "Slumming It": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0tHRs9Bng and you can see the still shot (below/bottom) from this video that caught my eye. 

Then I found similar Google Street View images. (even the dog looks the same --can you see him in the upper right image, laying in the shade?) and decided to go with Mr. McCloud's more visually rich image to base this painting on. 


day 1: planning the destination
We're on our way to India, a rich land of much diversity.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!