Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Woman-of-Valor, Cuenca Ecuador, 50

The Finished Painting
One of many joys of painting is that the learning never stops. I referred to the amazing brushwork of master painters such as John Singer Sargent, Anders Zorn & Jeremy Lepking when wielding my brush for this painting. 

"Woman-of-Valor" is for sale: https://www.etsy.com/listing/261283223
ECUADORIAN WOMAN-OF-VALOR, 10x12" oil painting by puci


Visual Inspiration
I had a desire to paint an oil portrait.My goal was to find a clear face (not easy to do since Google blurs the street-views faces). This mujer guapa (handsome woman) was an exciting find!
Google Street View, Cuenca Ecuador

The Destination
I'm traveling with The Virtual Paintout group again, and this month we're meeting in Ecuador for some virtual painting via Google Street Views. Here's a direct link to the "Woman of Valor"walking along the street: https://goo.gl/maps/UqrNRVN8ZsJ2
Ecuador, Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!