Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cheviot Mornin, Scotland, 51

The Finished Painting
You know how sometimes you intuit something for sure... and other-times not-so-much? Well, I had a different color scheme for this painting in mind originally. It was going to have more yellows & gold, like a misty sunset. But somehow the more pinkish glow of the mornin emerged. And I went with it. The actual painting is more vibrant than I was able to capture with my camera.

"Cheviot Mornin" will soon be for sale in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/puciart
CHEVIOT MORNIN, SCOTLAND, 8x10" oil painting by puci

Visual Inspiration

The Cheviot is a breed of white faced sheep which gets its name from the Cheviot Hills on the border of England & Scotland. They are a hardy sheep with a strong constitution, easy lambing, well-developed mothering instincts & fast maturity. The Cheviot on farms are being raised primarily for meat and wool.
Google Street View, Cheviot Sheep in the Scotish Highlands


The Destination
I'm traveling with The Virtual Paintout group again, and this month we're meeting in Scotland for some virtual painting via Google Street Views. I found these sweet Cheviot sheep on Coll Island near Arinagour, in the Southern Hebrides. The island of Coll extends about 13 miles long & about 4 miles wide.The population is about 200 people (& lots more sheep!). The ferry ride from island-to-mainland takes about 3 hours. Here's a direct link to my painting inspiration: https://goo.gl/maps/mjZEHoMg1L42
Google Maps, Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!