Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Finished Painting 4: The Grand Canyon (tonal variation 4)

an extra painting from The Grand Canyon series:
As I worked on this and the previous painting simultaneously, I got into "the zone" about halfway there. When these color tones presented themselves, I realized that they looked pretty good against each other if I didn't mess with them. So I managed to restrain my "helicopter painter" tendencies and just let the painting be what it seemed to want to be.

(The last photo shows all 4 paintings from this Grand Canyon series side-by-side.)

The Grand Canyon (tonal variation 4) is for sale: https://www.etsy.com/listing/158646809
The Grand Canyon (tonal variation 4)
8x10" original Oil Painting on Prepared Canvas Pad by puci


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!