Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Finished Painting: Arches National Park

day 4: the finished painting
There is a certain tube of the color red I call "Red Rum" and it always seems to get me into trouble. It's been banished from my palette for years now. So when some mischief-makin' muse whispered "Red Rum" into the ether, I responded with, "mmmmm...OK.".

The cap on the tube of paint needed pliers to set the color free. (Should've been my first warning, Right?) Once again, "Red Rum" overpowered me, and even smashed to smithereens those huge rock slabs in the foreground I was so fond of. Thank goodness for Cadmium Yellow Deep though, which saved (if saved it is) the painting.

"Arches National Park" is for sale (with more photos too): https://www.etsy.com/listing/159588393

three prominant towers with hint of road low in foreground
"Arches National Park", 8x10" Original Oil Painting by puci

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!