Thursday, May 12, 2016

Red Shed in Harrington Maine USA, 55

The Finished Painting  
I'm really happy with this little painting. It turned out pretty much as I had envisioned and with some surprises too. The distant trees worked out much to my liking with only a few brush strokes, and I was pleased with myself for not being a "helicopter mom": I left them alone. To add that spot of blue or not was a question. I'm glad I did. I think it works well as something undefined, as sort of an anchor of color to lead the eye to-and-from the other bits of blue areas. The muted-and-not-so-blue sky is not my usual thing and I surprised myself again for not messing with (most of) it once it was down. Love these kinds of rutted roads too.
 
"Red Shed" is for sale: https://www.etsy.com/listing/279997634
RED SHED, 5X7" oil painting on prepared hardwood panel by puci


Visual Inspiration
While cruising "the great State of Maine", I saw many scenes that reminded me of the painter Edward Hopper. I thought I might find a scene such as "Early Sunday Morning" and paint something similar... Then I found this red shed. (My husband Dave & I sometimes say to each other "we could live in that" when coming upon a structure with possibilities.) Wouldn't it be great if everyone had their own safe dwelling place to call home? --even if just a simple red shed.
Google Street View, Harrington Maine USA

The Destination
I'm traveling with The Virtual Paintout group again, and this month we're meeting in the State of Maine, USA and specifically along a certain stretch of Route 1 and all locations in Maine south of that stretch. Here's a direct link to the spot I've decided to paint: https://goo.gl/maps/3X6vs5R6qrN2
Google Maps, Maine USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!