Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Destination: The Grand Canyon! USA

day 2: Capturing the selected image
Stunning views of the awesome Grand Canyon are visible with just about each turn of the switch-back trail. I captured several likely images to paint, but this one spoke of some certainty as to how I'd like the finished painting to look (hopefully).

Somehow I lost track of the particular trail I was on when I captured it though, which was a little disappointing because I wanted to relay that info to you. Well, I think it was from the South Kaibab Trail... (This place has the power of the Ancients!)

(Just heard: earlier today, a bolt of lightening fatally struck 2 adults/injured 1 boy on the LeFerve Overlook in the Kaibab National Forest, about 30 miles north of the Grand Canyon National Park. Loving thoughts to all involved.)
Grand Canyon South Kaibab Trail, with long shadows, sunny day
Google Image Capture of The Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!