Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Doors, 33

day 5: a day (or more) of rest

“There will always be a door to the light.”~Shiro Amano, Kingdom Hearts


day 4: the finished painting
The finished painting turned out pretty much as I had envisioned, with extra leeway for surprises. That corner
area where the beam of light strikes the wall was important, and I hope I did it justice.

This painting is for sale in my online store (with more photos too): https://www.etsy.com/listing/183957385
DOORS, 8x10" original oil painting by puci

day 3: creating the pre-painting composition (using Adobe Photoshop)
I decided to crop-in pretty close and to take a lot of the extraneous stuff out. I tried moving things around a bit so 
the blank wall wouldn't be so prominent. Then again, a blank wall can be interesting too...


day 2: capturing the selected image
Main Street in downtown Half Moon Bay wasn't hard to find on the map, and when I dragged the little pegman into street-view,
I was magically brought into the interior space of this lovely inn. Since I love painting these types of "portals", this inn was in! 

day 1: planning the destination
A friend recently mentioned spending an enjoyable afternoon in Half Moon Bay, California, reminding me how much I love 
this area. So, here we are...




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!