Friday, May 30, 2014

San Francisco Ocean Beach w/sunglade, 39

5: thoughts between paintings
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." 
~RIP Maya Angelou (1928 ~ 2014)


4: the finished painting
Going so easy on the color contrasts was foreign to me. Even these hard edges are soft. This painting was a lesson in subtleties & acquiescence.

This painting is for sale in my online store (with more photos too): https://www.etsy.com/listing/191435199
San Francisco Ocean Beach w/sun glade, 8.5x11" original oil painting by puci


3: creating the pre-painting composition (using Adobe Photoshop)
I raised the horizon line, widened the ocean & sand area and evened out the tones. 



2: capturing the selected image
This is a photo from the live web cam of Ocean Beach I enjoy so much. Although the cam never changes position, it captures the ever-changing views of the beach just off Balboa St. and The Great Highwayhttp://ob-kc.com



1: planning the destination
I've been studying the how other painters I admire use color tones, values and color temperature. I've decided that intuition and skill work together. So, I continue working towards improving my painting chops while praying for intuition…

This blog post #39  and the next #40 both feature selected images from virtual photos --not from Google Street Views but from a web camera streaming live images of Ocean Beach in San Francisco CA, USA.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!