Saturday, October 26, 2013

Harry Potter, Diagon Alley in London UK, 24

day 5: a day (or more) of rest
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


day 4: the finished painting
I recently starred into the eyes of a very life-like mannequin in an antique store --for a long time. Her gaze was fixed upon me yet, at the same time, also looking beyond me. Her eyes, although realistically rendered, were soul-less. I thought of that same mannequin from the antique store as I was painting.

"Harry Potter, Diagon Alley" is for sale (with more photos too): https://www.etsy.com/listing/167101979
painting of mannequins from Google Street View image
Harry Potter, Diagon Alley Mannequins, 8x10" original oil painting by puci

day 3: creating the pre-painting composition (using Adobe Photoshop)
Scuttering about the set of Diagon Alley, we bumped into many wicked (aka cool) visuals ...Yes? I don't know what intrigued you the most, but this set-up with the mannequins was my choice. But first, some cropping & other adjustments are needed in preparation for the 8x10" oil painting.
Photoshop crop of the chosen Google Image

day 2: capturing the selected image
This is my Halloween treat for you, the mannequins from Harry Potter's Diagon Alley.
The Google Street View image of a Harry Potter studio set along Diagon Alley
Warner Bros. Studio, London UK


day 1: planning the destination
I have a Halloween surprise for you, especially if you are a Harry Potter fan:
Google has now added the actual Harry Potter Movie set of Diagon Alley to its list of Street Views. And we're going there...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2356778/Thats-magic-Google-adds-spellbinding-set-Harry-Potters-Diagon-Alley-Street-View-service.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at A-Street-View-A-Day :) I'd love to hear your travel stories & art thoughts!